EDITOR’S CHOICETop Stories

Confirmed: Pacquiao fight will happen in UAE

Manny Pacquiao’s next fight on April 23 will definitely be in the UAE, confirmed Filipino boxing icon’s adviser Mike Koncz. However, the opponent camp still remains undecided.

Koncz had facilitated the deal that superseded an earlier agreement forged by Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter, for the legendary boxer to fight Australian Jeff Horn in Brisbane or any other Australian city, reported Inquirer.

Koncz reportedly reiterated that the fighting Senator will be flying to UAE soon to seal the fight contract.

Arum had announced the Horn fight but Pacquiao’s camp called the $5-million purse “peanuts.”

Horn remains in strong contention though, according to Koncz, who said they are considering other possible opponents, the report said.

An online poll had earlier showed that fans want Amir Khan as a next opponent for the eight-division champion and Filipino ring icon, reported Inquirer.

Related Articles

Back to top button