News

Child saved after swallowing gold earring

Doctors in Abu Dhabi saved the life of a 3-year-old national girl after she swallowed a gold earring and suffered from severe breathing difficulty.

The child was rushed to Sheikh Khalifa Medical City in the capital after she swallowed the object while her mother was in the kitchen.

The mother said her daughter got the earring from the drawer of a cupboard in the sitting room and was playing with her when it fell into her mouth.

“She suffered from severe breathing difficulty and started to cry continuously… I realized she had swallowed something so I rushed her to hospital,” the mother said, quoted by the Arabic language daily Emarat Al Youm.

Staff Report

The Filipino Times is the chronicler of stories for, of and by Filipinos all over the world, reaching more than 236 countries in readership. Any interesting story to share? Email us at [email protected]

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close