The Abu Dhabi Department of Transport (DOT) has announced the launch of the four new bus routes and four express bus services in the capital.
The four new bus routes include service 20 from Al Marina to Rowdha Abu Dhabi, service 26 from Al Marina to Khalifa Park, service 71 from Al Marina to Al Reem North, and service 74 from Al Reem North to Rowdha Abu Dhabi. The department mentioned that through the introduction of these new bus route options, commuters can discover new places and explore greater parts of the city.
The new express bus service includes X2 and X3 services from Al Khalidiyah to Al Maqta, and X4 and X5 services from Al Zahiyah to Al Maqta. DOT said that the express buses that operate on four main routes will take the passenger to the destination easier and in no time.
In addition to the new bus routes and express bus services, the DOT has likewise launched the new services and changes of the existing airport bus connection including A1 service from Al Zahiyah passenger terminal, A2 service from Al Dana Khalifa Street, A10 service from Dalma Mall in Mussafah, A20 service from Al Shahama, and A40 service from Al Wathba. All of these services lead to Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Other changes on the bus services posted by DOT includes the bus service numbers 161-162 and 163 that are cancelled and replaced by DOT-links free service (164-165-166-167-168-169). Bus service number 33 becomes 21, bus number 30 becomes 23, bus number 32 becomes 22, bus number 53 becomes 41, and bus number 52 becomes 42.
For more information, commuters and passengers can call 800 888 88 or visit the website www.dot.gov.abudhabi.
In summary below are the new bus routes and services.
Four new bus routes:
• Service 20 from Al Marina to Rowdha Abu Dhabi
• Service 26 from Al Marina to Khalifa Park
• Service 71 from Al Marina to Al Reem North
• Service 74 from Al Reem North to Rowdha Abu Dhabi
Four bus express services:
• X2 Al Khalidiyah – Police Checkpoint (Al Maqta)
• X3 Al Khalidiyah – Police Checkpoint (Al Maqta)
• X4 Corniche Hospital (Al Zahiyah) – Police Checkpoint (Al Maqta)
• X5 Corniche Hospital (Al Zahiyah) – Police Checkpoint (Al Maqta)
Airport bus services:
• A1 from Al Zahiyah passenger terminal
• A2 from Al Dana Khalifa Street
• A10 from Dalma Mall, Mussafah
• A20 from Al Shahama
• A40 from Al Wathba
Changes on bus service numbers:
Services 161-162 and 163 replaced by DOT-links free service
• Service 33 becomes 21
• Service 30 becomes 23
• Service 32 becomes 22
• Service 53 becomes 41
• Service 52 becomes 42
by Mary Rose Garra