Sunday, May 24, 2020

Apr 06 20, 9:44 am

UAE mourns 97 victims of Pakistani plane crash

The UAE extended its sincere condolences to the government and people of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan for the victims of the plane crash in the Pakistani city of Karachi with reports that 97 individuals have died and have left many others injured. President His...

UAE announces 697 new recoveries, total now at 14,495

The UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) has announced 697 new recoveries from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country, bringing the total number of fully-healed patients in the country to 14,495. The total number of recovered cases of Coronavirus...

UK Prime Minister admitted to hospital due to COVID-19

by | News

Apr. 06, 20 | 9:44 am

Photo: PA

Ten days after he was confirmed COVID-19 positive, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been admitted to hospital for tests.

“This is a precautionary step, as the prime minister continues to have persistent symptoms of coronavirus 10 days after testing positive for the virus,” Downing Street said in a statement.

On March 27, Johnson said he had tested positive for coronavirus. He said on Friday he would continue to self-isolate with a high temperature.

He was taken to a London hospital on Sunday evening with “persistent symptoms” – including fever. It is said to be a “precautionary step” taken on the advice of his doctor.

The prime minister remains in charge of the government, but the foreign secretary is expected to chair a coronavirus meeting on Monday morning.

Mr Johnson is expected to stay overnight and is having what have been described as “routine tests”, according to BBC Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg.

Queen Elizabeth offered a message of reassurance Sunday evening, calling on British people to act with “self-discipline” and “good-humoured resolve” to overcome the coronavirus outbreak.

A rare speech by the 93-year-old monarch was broadcast as the country struggles with the impact of the coronavirus epidemic, which has infected 47,806 and killed 4,934 as of Sunday, according to British government data.

“I hope in the years to come everyone will be able to take pride in how they responded to this challenge,” she said.

The monarch added that Britain “will succeed” in the fight against the virus and while there might be “more still to endure, better days will return.”

The queen is currently in self-isolation at Windsor Castle with her husband Prince Philip and it is only the fourth time she has given such an address during her 68-year reign.

She previously gave a special address in 2002 following the death of her mother, the Queen Mother, in 1997 after the death of Princess Diana in a Paris car crash, and in 1991 about the Gulf War.

Prince Charles, the queen’s oldest son and heir to the British throne, announced in late March that he tested positive for coronavirus. He has since made a full recovery.

Jobs

Latest News

UAE mourns 97 victims of Pakistani plane crash

UAE mourns 97 victims of Pakistani plane crash

The UAE extended its sincere condolences to the government and people of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan for the victims of the plane crash in the Pakistani city of Karachi with reports that 97 individuals have died and have left many others injured. President His...

UAE announces 697 new recoveries, total now at 14,495

UAE announces 697 new recoveries, total now at 14,495

The UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) has announced 697 new recoveries from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country, bringing the total number of fully-healed patients in the country to 14,495. The total number of recovered cases of Coronavirus...

Sam Milby confirms dating Catriona Gray

Sam Milby confirms dating Catriona Gray

Kapamilya actor Sam Milby has confirmed his relationship with Miss Universe 2018 Catriona Gray.   In an Instagram post on May 23, Milby shared an instax photo of him cuddling Gray in the middle of the road.   “Worth every second of the wait. Most special birthday...

Recent posts

We listed over 1,000,000 jobs from United Arab Emirates monthly.

Accomodation option available in the market.

THE FILIPINO TIMES is the biggest and most trusted Filipino newspaper in the UAE.

It has a print run of 60,000 copies and 250,000 readership per week; bolstered by 2.5 million visitors to its website every month. It also has an e-newsletter sent to its 250,000 subscribers every day.

The Filipino Times is FREE and has the widest targeted circulation across the 7 emirates of the UAE.

With more than 2,500 strategic distribution spots, TFT is available where the Filipinos are - at Smart Bus Shelters, Metro Stations, restaurants, supermarkets, schools, airport lounges, Emirates and Etihad Philippine-bound flights, churches, Filipino community events and many more.

THE FILIPINO TIMES. We are where the Filipinos are.

FOLLOW US

SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER

BROCHURES

THE FILIPINO TIMES is the biggest and most trusted Filipino newspaper in the UAE.

It has a print run of 60,000 copies and 250,000 readership per week; bolstered by 2.5 million visitors to its website every month. It also has an e-newsletter sent to its 250,000 subscribers every day.

The Filipino Times is FREE and has the widest targeted circulation across the 7 emirates of the UAE.

With more than 2,500 strategic distribution spots, TFT is available where the Filipinos are - at Smart Bus Shelters, Metro Stations, restaurants, supermarkets, schools, airport lounges, Emirates and Etihad Philippine-bound flights, churches, Filipino community events and many more.

THE FILIPINO TIMES. We are where the Filipinos are.

FOLLOW US

SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER

BROCHURES

© 2020 The Filipino Times. All rights reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

More in News
Lawyer files complaint vs. Koko Pimentel for violating quarantine rules
Published On  April 6, 2020
COVID-19 has now spread to every region in PH as Caraga region logs first case
Published On  April 6, 2020
BREAKING: COVID-19 cases in PH climb to 3,414
Published On  April 6, 2020
Close