Entertainment

Beckham admits using phone while driving

LONDON, United Kingdom – Former England captain, David Beckham was  charged for using the mobile phone while driving, having admitted to it, police said.

A member of the public told police they saw the 43-year-old ex-Manchester United and Real Madrid player on the phone while at the wheel of his Bentley on Nov. 21 last year.

“The Met (Metropolitan Police) understands a postal guilty plea was subsequently received by Bromley Magistrates’ Court,” Rappler quoted the police as saying in a dispatch from Agence France Presse (AFP).

Two months earlier, Beckham was accused of “shirking his responsibility” as a role model after avoiding prosecution on a speeding charge because of a technicality, said the AFP report.

Enlisting the services of celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman, who is dubbed “Mr Loophole,” Beckham accepted he drove at 59 miles (95 kilometers) per hour in a 40 mph zone in west London in January last year.

Using a hand-held mobile phone while driving in Britain is illegal.

Tags

Staff Report

The Filipino Times is the chronicler of stories for, of and by Filipinos all over the world, reaching more than 236 countries in readership. Any interesting story to share? Email us at [email protected]

Related Articles

Back to top button
Close