LifestyleSports

Aldin Ayo extends tenure as UST head coach

University of Santo Tomas Growling Tigers head coach Aldin Ayo proved he won’t be ditching UST anytime soon as he extends his contract for three more years.
According to a report by UST’s official student publication The Varsitarian, Ayo signed a three-year extension that would make him the Growling Tigers’ head coach until 2023.
“In principle, I will stay at UST for a long time. The contract is just for formality, just to stop all the rumors. We’re going to do our best to be the best version of ourselves, to be ready for next season,” The Varsitarian quoted Ayo as saying.
Ayo started to become the basketball team’s head coach in 2018, in which he immediately changed the landscape of the game for the team.
In a report by Inquirer.net, from a one-win University Athletic Association of the Philippines (UAAP) campaign under Boy Sablan in Season 80, the Growling Tigers improved to 5-9 in Ayo’s first year.
Under his watch, the team also got a silver medal in Season 81, losing to Ateneo de Manila University by 16-0 overall in the finals.

Staff Report

The Filipino Times is the chronicler of stories for, of and by Filipinos all over the world, reaching more than 236 countries in readership. Any interesting story to share? Email us at [email protected]