Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Mar 31 19, 2:00 pm

‘Kuha sa CCTV’ Sotto reveals another side of Gretchen Diez story

Senate President Tito Sotto isn't convinced that transgender woman Gretchen Diez is telling the whole story. Diez was involved in a viral incident where in she was prevented from using the female restroom. Sotto said that he was able to obtain the CCTV footage of what...

DepEd revised targets, classroom constructions still ongoing

The Department of Education (DepEd) answered the issues on alleged delays and deficiencies on building classrooms and school facilities during an organizational meeting assembled by the Senate Committee on Basic Education, Arts, and Culture for the 18th Congress....

MMA star McGregor faces sexual assault raps

by | News, Sports

Mar. 31, 19 | 2:00 pm

NEW YORK, USA – Mixed martial arts star Conor McGregor, who has announced he is retiring, is under investigation in his native Ireland on an accusation of sexual assault, the New York Times has reported.

The New York Times was quick to clarify though that McGregor has not been charged with a crime and the investigation “does not imply that McGregor is guilty of a crime.”

But the newspaper said McGregor had been questioned by law enforcement authorities in January after a woman accused him of sexual assault in December, Agence France Presse, an international news agency which ran the news said, citing The New York Times.

A spokesman for Ireland’s police service would not confirm to the newspaper that McGregor was a suspect in the alleged assault, said the AFP report.

The Times reportedly cited 4 unnamed sources in the report. It came even as McGregor, star of the Ultimate Fighting Championship wrote on Twitter that he had decided to retire from his career inside the octagon.

“Hey guys quick announcement, I’ve decided to retire from the sport formally known as ‘Mixed Martial Art’ today,” McGregor wrote. “I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition.”

Jobs

Editors Choice

Oplan: Iwas Phone Scam

Oplan: Iwas Phone Scam

A Filipina duped out of her cash amounting to more than Dh20,000 made headlines in May this year. It sent shockwaves to Filipinos and other expats on how it is so easy for a phone scammer to siphon off their cash in a blink of an eye. But this particular incident is a...

Malacañang lifts suspension on PCSO lotto operations

Malacañang lifts suspension on PCSO lotto operations

Presidential Spokesperson Sal Panelo confirmed that President Rodrigo Duterte has lifted the suspension of Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) for lotto operations only. "The Lotto operation is less-prone to corruption because it is machine-operated. Maraming...

7 out of 10 Pinoys want to bring their families to UAE

7 out of 10 Pinoys want to bring their families to UAE

About 70% of the Filipinos working in the UAE whose salaries are within the new immigration bracket are planning to bring their families here. This was according to the recent poll conducted by The Filipino Times to 820 people, a few days after the re§cent...

Recent posts

We listed over 1,000,000 jobs from United Arab Emirates monthly.

Accomodation option available in the market.

Latest News
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter and never miss a thing. No spam. Only hand-picked trending news.

THE FILIPINO TIMES is the biggest and most trusted Filipino newspaper in the UAE.

It has a print run of 60,000 copies and 250,000 readership per week; bolstered by 1 million visitors to its website every month. It also has an e-newsletter sent to its 250,000 subscribers every day.

The Filipino Times is FREE and has the widest targeted circulation across the 7 emirates of the UAE.

With more than 2,500 strategic distribution spots, TFT is available where the Filipinos are - at Smart Bus Shelters, Metro Stations, restaurants, supermarkets, schools, airport lounges, Emirates and Etihad Philippine-bound flights, churches, Filipino community events and many more.

THE FILIPINO TIMES. We are where the Filipinos are.

FOLLOW US

SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER

THE FILIPINO TIMES is the biggest and most trusted Filipino newspaper in the UAE.

It has a print run of 60,000 copies and 250,000 readership per week; bolstered by 1 million visitors to its website every month. It also has an e-newsletter sent to its 250,000 subscribers every day.

The Filipino Times is FREE and has the widest targeted circulation across the 7 emirates of the UAE.

With more than 2,500 strategic distribution spots, TFT is available where the Filipinos are - at Smart Bus Shelters, Metro Stations, restaurants, supermarkets, schools, airport lounges, Emirates and Etihad Philippine-bound flights, churches, Filipino community events and many more.

THE FILIPINO TIMES. We are where the Filipinos are.

FOLLOW US

SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER

© 2018 The Filipino Times. All rights reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

More in News, Sports
3X3 showdown: Pasig takes home Php1 million pot
Published On  March 31, 2019
UAE Cabinet approves new provisions for sponsoring expat family members
Published On  March 31, 2019
SSS slammed for making premium payment of P2,400 a condition for OEC issuance under Draft IRR
Published On  March 31, 2019
Close