The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) launched the OFW e-card last November 2018 that would give overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) easier access to the services offered by the administration.
With the card, OFWs can easily avail of the benefits offered by OWWA such as welfare services, scholarships, training programs and other social benefits.
The card is available for free to all Balik-Manggagawa OFWs, those who have “completed or are currently completing their employment contract and will return to the same employer, whether in the same or a new job site.”
Here’s how you can apply for one.
1. Prepare all requirements (an active OWWA membership with at least 90-day OWWA membership validity from application date, a passport valid for at least six months prior to expiry date, and a valid OEC or Exemption Number
3. Fill out the online OFW ID card application form.
4. Select the OWWA Regional Welfare Office where you want to claim the OFW e-Card.
6. A confirmation page will appear. Keep the tracking number for inquiring about the ID card status later. Enter your email address or Facebook profile name to know the status. Click the Submit button.
7. Claim your OFW ID card at your chosen OWWA Regional Welfare Office.
If you want to make sure that your OFW e-Card will get delivered on time, you can track its delivery status by following these steps.
1. Visit the OWWA OFW e-CARD Delivery Status page.
2. Enter your tracking number or passport number and birthdate.
3. Click the Submit button.
Once you have your OFW e-Card, you can now have access to some of its benefits which include:
1. Easier access to OWWA programs and services such as social benefits, training programs, and scholarships with fewer documentary requirements
2. Serves as an OEC or exit clearance at the airport, proving the owner’s legal status as an OFW
3. Waived airport fees such as travel tax and terminal fee
4. Serves as a valid government-issued ID
5. Easy OFW e-CARD application process; no physical documents required
6. Security features such as QR code and unique OFW membership number for verification and data breach prevention
7. Comes with a digital version through the OWWA Mobile App