Monday, September 23, 2019

Feb 12 19, 6:14 am

Five alleged illegal recruiters of OFWs arrested

The Philippine National Police Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-Anti-Trans National Crime Unit (CIDG-ATCU) have launched multiple entrapment operations in order to arrest five alleged illegal recruiters of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs). The entrapment...

DFA: Filipinos safe after massive fire in a Maldives building

The Foreign Affairs Department said that the seven Filipinos residing in a building engulfed by fire in the Maldives were reported safe on Sunday. In a statement, the DFA said the fire took place at Maldives’ capital city of Malé last Friday night, which resulted in...

PH, Russia to forge labor deal during Duterte visit

The Philippines and Russia will sign a bilateral agreement on the deployment of Overseas Filipino Workers in Russia, according to the Labor Department. RELATED NEWS: St. Petersburg in Russia introduces free e-visa entry to Filipinos Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello...

Abu Dhabi grants legal status to churches, temple

Some 17 churches and a Hindu temple will be among the places of worship which will be granted legal status in Abu Dhabi. Among the churches which will be legalized is the St. Joseph's Cathedral, which is the UAE's oldest church that dates back to 1965. The move to...

UK learning from UAE e-government model: UK Minister

by | News

Feb. 12, 19 | 6:14 am

WAM: The United Kingdom is seeking to grow the number of UK universities in the UAE as well as to learn from the UAE e-government programme model, according to Nadhim Zahawi, Member of Parliament and Minister Responsible for Special Education Needs in UK.

“Education is a big export for us and big partnership with the UAE. There are 13 universities in UAE as well as many schools here teaching the English curriculum, with around 40 percent of the UAE schools teaching the British curriculum,” the UK Minister told the Emirates News Agency (WAM) on the sidelines of the 7th World Government Summit which started in Dubai today.

Zahawi hailed the innovation culture the UAE government is keen on establishing.

“The UAE government is keen on innovation; not only in education but across the government. And with the e-government programme model here, there is a lot for us to learn from UAE as we tend to exchange best practices and that’s why I am very happy and excited to be here in this extraordinary gathering of minds, academia, businesses and of course government leaders,” the minister remarked.

“I have to extend thanks to Mohammed Al Gergawi, Minister of the UAE Cabinet Affairs and The Future, and Ohoud bint Khalfan Al Roumi, Minister of State for Happiness and Wellbeing, for their engagement with the world in many ways and for the spirit of innovation here when it comes to human wellbeing and happiness agenda.”

He spoke high as well about the growing focus on People of Determination. “We very much appreciate the UAE government’s focus on catering for children with special needs and this is another part of my discussions here during the summit as I am the minister responsible for special education needs in UK.”

“I have a very diverse agenda I am sharing with the UAE, including the home learning environment model, something I know UAE leadership is very interested in; when the child is at home or before he goes to school, what is he able to learn? This covers children with special needs and the skills agenda. There are many other areas where we can work to develop those work streams together.”

Jobs

Editors Choice

UAE leaders congratulate King Salman on Saudi Nat’l Day

President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, and His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy...

Sustento: Paano kung may asawa’t anak na ako?

Money is a double-edged sword: As much as it brings comfort and happiness, it is also the reason why many relationships and personal connections are permanently damaged when poorly handled. This is most especially true for married couples here in the UAE – as they...

UAE condemns terrorist attack on two Saudi Aramco facilities

The UAE has strongly condemned the terrorist attack on Saturday that targeted two Saudi Aramco facilities in Abqaiq province and Hijrat Khurais in Saudi Arabia, causing fires that were later brought under control. In a statement issued today, the Ministry of Foreign...

DFA to OFWs in Saudi: Stay alert

DFA to OFWs in Saudi: Stay alert

The Department of Foreign Affairs has asked the more than two million Filipino workers in Saudi Arabia to exercise further caution and be alert following the drone bombings on Saudi Aramco’s two major facilities Sunday. “Sa ating mga kababayan sa Kingdom Saudi Arabia,...

Reunited!

Reunited!

DUBAI: The United Arab Emirates (UAE), being among the top destinations for overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) is second home to about a million Pinoys. Such being the case, the odds of one bumping into an old friend – even someone THEY grew up with back home – in the...

Former radio DJ ‘Papa Tolits’ caught in drug buy-bust

A former radio disc jockey was arrested in a drug raid in Quezon City by the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA). Marieto Laureno, also known as 'Papa Tolits', together with Arbie Yu Chua, Winnie Hunter and Louwy Manabat were caught in a drug den in Barangay...

LOOK: Bea Alonzo, John Lloyd Cruz spotted in Makati City

Bea Alonzo has reunited with her former leading man John Lloyd Cruz in the theater show ‘Himala’ in Makati City on Saturday. It's unclear if the two arrived together or just met during the show. Last June, the former “One More Chance” movie lead actors were also...

Recent posts

We listed over 1,000,000 jobs from United Arab Emirates monthly.

Accomodation option available in the market.

Latest News
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter and never miss a thing. No spam. Only hand-picked trending news.

THE FILIPINO TIMES is the biggest and most trusted Filipino newspaper in the UAE.

It has a print run of 60,000 copies and 250,000 readership per week; bolstered by 1 million visitors to its website every month. It also has an e-newsletter sent to its 250,000 subscribers every day.

The Filipino Times is FREE and has the widest targeted circulation across the 7 emirates of the UAE.

With more than 2,500 strategic distribution spots, TFT is available where the Filipinos are - at Smart Bus Shelters, Metro Stations, restaurants, supermarkets, schools, airport lounges, Emirates and Etihad Philippine-bound flights, churches, Filipino community events and many more.

THE FILIPINO TIMES. We are where the Filipinos are.

FOLLOW US

SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER

FOLLOW US

SIGN UP FOR NEWSLETTER

© 2018 The Filipino Times. All rights reserved

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

More in News
UAE exemplary for emerging economies, says UNCTAD Chief
Published On  February 12, 2019
Filipino university spearheads opportunities for Pinoy students, teachers to get educational, work experience at UAE-based institutions
Published On  February 11, 2019
World’s oldest woman lived on chocolates, wine and cigarettes
Published On  February 11, 2019
Close