A mother threw her 3-year-old son from the second floor of a burning residential building in Al Nuaimiya 2 on Sunday to save him.
The boy was unharmed after a passer-by was able to catch him, reported Khaleej Times.
After which, an Arab woman and a man jumped from the second and third floors to save themselves for the fire. However, they sustained serious injuries after their escape and were rushed to Khalifa hospital.
The Ajman Civil Defence rescue unit was able to save a family of seven who got stranded inside the building.
Lt Col Rayed Al Zaabi, deputy director of fire stations in Ajman, said that they immediately sent a rescue team to the building after they received a call about the fire.
The team was able to control the fire and help the tenants in the building.
He said that the fire was caused by a short circuit in a washing machine. It quickly spread after a refrigerator left on the corridor of the building caught the fire.
The fire experts are now doing a complete investigation about the fire.
Al Zaabi also reminded resident living in building to stop leaving appliances and other electronic devices outside their units to ensure safety.