DUBAI: Residents will today be in for a special treat as the country makes a grand celebration of its 47th National Day, starting off with the much-awaited fly-by of the four UAE carriers and an awesome air show by the Al Fursan aerobatic display team starting at 1 pm across the emirates, according to a government announcement.
Here in Dubai, the fly-past by Emirates, Etihad, flydubai and Air Arabian will be at approximately 1:55 pm coming in from neighboring Sharjah and heading to Jumeira 1 and Palm Jumeirah Atlantis before flying to Abu Dhabi.
The fly-past will take off at Ras Al Khaimah at 1:40pm and fly across Umm Al Quwain at 1:48pm and the Sharjah Corniche 1:52 pm.
Here’s where to go for the best view:
1) Zabeel Park in Karama as the wide open space allows for that perfect sight. Better be in picnic mode, too.
2) Safa Park, which has long been one of the more popular picnic and leisure destinations in Dubai. Located right after Business Bay, this big park is a good vantage point of the city. As in Zabeel Park, bring along some food stuff and fun things to do.
3) The Walk at JBR, a touristy place with rows upon rows of restaurants and shops, where you can enjoy a nice stroll after the show.
Of course, building rooftops of where you live would also be great.
And here are the fireworks display schedules:
1) Al Seef will have a “symphony of fire, lights and colors” with fireworks to be set off at 8:30pm.
2) La Mer will have a free musical event tonight highlighted by a fireworks show at 9pm.
3) The Beach, JBR. Fireworks start at 8pm.
4) Dubai Festival City Mall, there will be two fireworks display tonight – the first is at 8pm; second is 10pm. on December 2 at 8pm and 10pm. Festivities will begin from 2pm, according to organizers. Worth standing for is the “Imagine” show which will beam colors of the UAE flag across the waters of Festival Bay, organizers said.
Ras Al Khaimah – 13:40hrs
Umm Al Quwain – 13:48hrs
Sharjah Corniche – 13:52hrs
Dubai – Jumeira 1 – 13:55hrs
Dubai – Palm Jumeirah / Atlantis- 13:58hrs
Abu Dhabi -Ghantoot – 14:03hrs
Abu Dhabi – Louvre – 14:12hrs
Abu Dhabi Corniche – 14:15hrs
Abu Dhabi – Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque- 14:25hrs