Vice President Leni Robredo takes a swipe at Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr.’s after the former senator’s claims that he will replace her two months from now.
On her weekly radio show on RMN-DZXL 558, Robredo said Marcos has been telling people that his electoral protest filed against her will prove that he is “the rightful winner for the position”.
“Medyo nakakatawa iyon kasi kung titingnan natin iyong kanyang mga speeches saka mga deklarasyon – mula pa last year, pagka-eleksyon – parati niyang sinasabing madali lang,” Robredo said.
“Madali lang daw, uupo na siya. Pero…parang na fake news yata tayo,” she added.
Despite his claims, Robredo said Marcos can’t achieve what he wants because the Supreme Court chose to uphold the integrity of the national elections and junked his first cause of action for the electoral protest.
She also pointed out Marcos’ plan of presenting witnesses to support his allegations of cheating in 36,465 clustered precincts did not work out.
On October 5, Marcos said at a forum that the manual recount will take two months and it will show that he’s the rightful vice president of the country.
Marcos was leading the 2016 vice president polls on the first day of counting until Robredo bounced to the top spot on the second day of the counting.
Robredo won against Marcos with the margin of just 263,473 votes.
Photo credit: Philstar.com