Latest NewsNewsTFT News

Norway eases restrictions amidst decline in COVID-19 cases

Come June 20 and Norway will begin operating the third major phase of its plan to reopen society from the pandemic, even as COVID-19 infections continue to decrease, according to Prime Minister Erna Solberg.

Highlighting Norway being on track and ready for step three in the pandemic, Solberg told media on June 18 that Norwegians will be allowed – from June 20 — to receive up to 20 guests in their homes (double the current number), while bars and restaurants will no longer have to close at midnight and more spectators will be allowed in sports arenas.

RELATED STORY: COVID-19 reaches Mt. Everest as climber from Norway tests positive

Pointing out that the infection situation still remained unpredictable in many parts of the world, besides uncertainty linked to mutations, the Prime Minister said that the government will also allow more overseas visitors into the country, but testing and quarantine requirements would continue for the arrivals.

The latest relaxation measures highlight the government’s four-stage plan that was introduced in April to gradually reduce the national lockdown.

READ ON: Norway’s beautiful, must-visit sceneries

Like other residents of the country, around 25,000 Filipinos living in Norway are also happy with the latest developments.

About 75% of Filipinos are working in the maritime industry. The remaining 25% of Pinoys have been employed in the health care industry as physicians and nurses, as well as in other industries such as the information technology sector, petroleum industry as engineers, as au pairs or domestic workers, and also as non-governmental organization employees, and government support staff. (AW)

Staff Report

The Filipino Times is the chronicler of stories for, of and by Filipinos all over the world, reaching more than 236 countries in readership. Any interesting story to share? Email us at [email protected]

Related Articles

Back to top button