The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has drastically changed the way people travel.
For Filipinos flying to Manila, it pays to know all information about the preparations you need to take before traveling to avoid any trouble and make your return to the country a breeze.
A number of measures are being implemented at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport for arriving overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) including land-based OFWs and seafarers/sea-based OFWs. These are preventive measures put in place to help the country contain the spread of COVID-19.
According to this guide release by Philippine Airlines, families traveling together with at least one OFW will be considered all OFWs.
In this step-by-step procedure, preparations before flight are crucial.
Below are the processes that OFWs, their dependents, or passengers who are of and are traveling together with an OFW, must know:
BEFORE YOU FLY AND DURING CHECK-IN
1. As early as 3 days prior to your departure, register and accomplish the Electronic Case Investigation Form and save the confirmation e-mail and QR code: https://e-cif.redcross.org.ph/
2. For land-based OFWs, create/update your account on the OFW Assistance Information System (OASIS) at http://oasis.owwa.gov.ph/
3. Upon check-in, sign the Declaration and Waiver Form presented by our check-in agent, indicating that you are healthy and fit to travel.
4. After checking in online or at the airport, accomplish the Electronic Health Locator Form and Arrival Card at http://18.104.22.168/PAHD-Form/Register and save the QR code for presentation to the Immigration Officer upon your arrival.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE
5. Upon arrival, listen to the briefing conducted by the Philippine Coast Guard.
6. Undergo a temperature check upon deplaning and proceed to the designated waiting area. Fill out the Project Care Slip.
7. Wait for your turn to proceed to the verification and barcoding booth.
8. Present the QR code sent to you after accomplishing the e-CIF.
9. You will be given six (6) barcode stickers. One (1) barcode sticker will be placed on the back of your passport.
10. Proceed to the Swab Test booth and hand the remaining five (5) barcode stickers to the tester.
11. Undergo the COVID-19 RT-PCR Test for free.
12. Help Desks are available at the waiting area for passengers who do not have smart devices/phones. Charging stations are also available.
13. Clear with immigration. Present the QR code sent to your e-mail after accomplishing the Electronic Health Locator Form and Arrival Card.
14. Proceed to your respective desks for your quarantine hotel assignment:
• For land-based OFWs and your dependents, proceed to the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) Desk. Present the same QR code from the e-CIF and submit the OWWA Project Care Slip.
• For sea-based OFWs and your dependents, proceed to the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) Desk
15. Claim your baggage at the designated carousel and clear with Customs Check.
16 Exit the terminal and wait for your shuttle/bus that will take you to your assigned hotel.
AT THE QUARANTINE HOTEL
17.Check in at your hotel and wait for the release of your test results. For those who tested negative, it will be sent by the Philippine Red Cross to the e-mail address you have provided when you registered. The timings on release of test results are not definite and may be shortened or extended.
18. Your accommodation and food during your stay will be shouldered by the Philippine government. Any additional hotel fees due to required extensions will be shouldered by their governing agency.
19. If you test positive, the BOQ shall transfer you to a designated hospital for further medical management.
If you test negative, present your test result together with your medical certificate to the assigned quarantine personnel at your hotel for clearance. For a hard copy of your certificate, printing services will be available at your hotel.
20. Once you are cleared, you may contact your relatives to pick you up and bring you home.
• For Land-Based OFWs, you may coordinate with OWWA or use the OWWA Uwian Na portal for further transportation needs after your final point of arrival.
• For Sea-Based OFWs, you may coordinate with your Local Manning Agency (LMA) for further transportation needs after your final point of arrival.
21. Once at home, please complete your 14-day quarantine/self-isolation.