The Ministry of Health and Prevention (MoHAP) reported that the additional 50,000 tests conducted across the UAE led to the detection of 994 new cases of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the country, bringing the total to 27,892. MoHAP reported that the majority...
AWACS Radar System Engineer
Develops the scope of engineering work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project elements, and monitors progress to meet schedule and budget requirements. Identifies and documents changes in scope.
Assists in determining the scope of procurement work, schedules, and budgets for assigned project buy outs, monitoring progress to maintain those procurements. Interfaces with procurement and subcontract personnel to facilitate the bid process.
Coordinates the utilization of interdisciplinary technical personnel on the project with other Project Engineers. Coordinates the assignment of personnel from other technical support groups within the company.
Assists the Project Manager in planning, directing, supervising, and controlling the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of the project or study. Assists in determining the technical skills and staff hours required for successful completion of the project.
Ensures client criteria and scope are met by all engineering disciplines. Expedites distribution of action items following discussions/meetings with the client and Project Manager.
Prepares technical reports and documentation of activity for the client and project management.
Obtains, analyzes, and circulates technical and contractual information to project disciplines.
Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or related field) and typically 10+ years of related field engineering experience, or a broad general engineering background is required. Professional registration may also be required.
– Bachelor of Science degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering or Radar Technology.
– Specialized training and certification in each area of expertise with Radars in general is a requirement.
– Must be qualified and specialized in the Airborne Warning And Control System (AWACS) Radar system, a mobile, long-range radar surveillance and control centre for air defense, as developed by the U.S. Air Force in the 707 aircraft.
– Ten (10) years experience on a wide variety of surveillance Radars including in the Airborne Warning And Control System (AWACS)
– Theoretical and practical knowledge and experience with Long Range Radar operation & maintenance. Experience should include installation, testing, integration, upgrades and modifications to Radars.
– Technical knowledge of Antennas, Processors, computers, monitoring, data transmission, plot extractors, power systems and other sub systems associated with in the Airborne Warning And Control System (AWACS).
– Specific experience with interfacing radars in an air defense network.
– IFF system experience required
– AWACS Mission computer system experience required
– Knowledge of RSAF technical Terminologies, Tasks, and Responsisbility is desired
– Experience with Foreign Military Sales is desired
(WAM) -- Their Highnesses Supreme Council Members and Rulers of the Emirates have congratulated President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan,His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President, Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, and His...
(WAM) -- Sunday, the 24th of May, will be the first day of Shawwal 1441 H, marking the beginning of Eid al-Fitr, announced the Moon-sighting Committee in a statement issued after its meeting tonight at the Abu Dhabi Judicial Department. Sultan bin Saeed Al Badi Al...
Saudi Arabia astronomers have confirmed that the Shawwal crescent moon will not show on May 22 (Ramadan 29), Saudi Gazette reported. Experts at the observatory of Majmaah University in Saudi said that the moon will set before the sun today and will not be...
An aircraft from Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) carrying 99 passengers and eight crew members crashed at a residential area in Karachi on Friday, May 22. Pakistan immediately mobilized paramilitary troops and civil administration authorities to aid and rescue...
Emirates has resumed its flight operations to nine destinations at Dubai International Airport Terminal 3, with safety procedures rolled out for passengers and crew members. The airline has begun flying to London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan, Madrid, Chicago,...
Accomodation option available in the market.
Latest NewsSubscribe to our free weekly newsletter and never miss a thing. No spam. Only hand-picked trending news.
THE FILIPINO TIMES is the biggest and most trusted Filipino newspaper in the UAE.
It has a print run of 60,000 copies and 250,000 readership per week; bolstered by 1 million visitors to its website every month. It also has an e-newsletter sent to its 250,000 subscribers every day.
The Filipino Times is FREE and has the widest targeted circulation across the 7 emirates of the UAE.
With more than 2,500 strategic distribution spots, TFT is available where the Filipinos are - at Smart Bus Shelters, Metro Stations, restaurants, supermarkets, schools, airport lounges, Emirates and Etihad Philippine-bound flights, churches, Filipino community events and many more.
THE FILIPINO TIMES. We are where the Filipinos are.
© 2017 The Filipino Times