Saudi Arabia astronomers have confirmed that the Shawwal crescent moon will not show on May 22 (Ramadan 29), Saudi Gazette reported. Experts at the observatory of Majmaah University in Saudi said that the moon will set before the sun today and will not be...
Air Worthiness Engineer
– Progressive experience in airworthiness certification of aircraft and/or related products for civilian and/or military aircraft (manned or unmanned).
– Expertise, knowledge and/or training on Federal Aviation Administration
– (FAA) Order 8130.2G, Airworthiness Certification of Aircraft and Related Products;
– International Civilian Aviation Organization (ICAO) Airworthiness Manual Document 9760; European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Airworthiness Certificates Part 21; and/or General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) Regulation Section 8 Airworthiness of Aircraft.
– Involvement with the design, development, and integration of complex military systems; and experience in overseeing design and development of aircraft projects. Must have participated in airworthiness certification process on various aircraft (military or civilian).
– Ability to develop and integrate concepts that involve requirements, design, prototyping, production, testing, training and logistics support in all phases of the weapon system life cycle, including all aspects of technical program that involve trade-off of performance life-cycle cost risk probability
– Good written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
– Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
– Computer literate and an experienced user of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project).
– Knowledge of aviation quality management systems, continued airworthiness and project management.
– A good all around awareness of RSAF processes and procedures.
– A good all around awareness of RSAF programs, Suppliers, Original Equipment
– Experience with Manufacturers (OEM), Government to Government Standard Agencies, International Standards Agencies and academic/research establishments.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Review designs for changes to existing systems to improve reliability, maintainability and/or performance.
– Perform integration, verification, validation, test and instructional tasks.
– Perform studies and participate in research, development and implementation of programs. Evaluate and perform cost benefit analysis of improvement initiatives.
– Recommend improvement/upgrade programs for RSAF aircraft systems and support equipment. Review and recommend RSAF authorizations of engineering modifications. Progress approval of improvement initiatives through external design organizations and technical authorities.
– Define requirements and manage the implementation and acceptance of new buy and upgrade programs.
– Investigate aircraft related problems affecting fleet performance. Monitor test programs and evaluate test data to identify problems and/or to verify performance.
– Participate in accident investigations. Evaluate and provide recommendations on major defect and aircraft incident reports.
– Prepare staff correspondence to organizations internal and external to the RSAF.
– Support RSAF officers at meetings and participate in design and program management reviews.
– Manage and coordinate engineering modification projects. Consequently, a large proportion of time will be spent proactively planning and organizing resources within the RSAF to ensure tasks are completed to meet project timescales, which often are dependencies for other projects.
– Plan for the involvement of other agencies from within the RSAF and its’ associated programs. Responsive to RSAF inputs and requirements, both immediate and long term is essential with the RSAF demanding the highest quality in all cases.
– Rationalize all inputs and coordinate outputs to achieve maximum co-operation and support.
– Produce briefings, engineering drawings, specifications, interface control documents, engineering reports, test plans, Technical Orders, and Time Compliance Technical Orders in detail from data which he will be responsible for defining and collecting. Verbal briefings and presentations on the above will be given to the Director and Team Manager on a daily basis
– Comply with all RSAF safety directives and instructions
– Assist in the creation of original designs for engineering solutions that demand imaginative innovation and extensive planning.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
Engineering Degree Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Electrical, Structural, Aerospace, or Aeronautical Engineering.Master’s Degree or higher and Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
Minimum of 15 years of experience in the field of aerospace, aeronautical, structural and/or systems engineering disciplines for civil and/or military aircraft and equipment, especially in the area of airworthiness certification/critical aircraft safety.
An aircraft from Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) carrying 99 passengers and eight crew members crashed at a residential area in Karachi on Friday, May 22. Pakistan immediately mobilized paramilitary troops and civil administration authorities to aid and rescue...
Emirates has resumed its flight operations to nine destinations at Dubai International Airport Terminal 3, with safety procedures rolled out for passengers and crew members. The airline has begun flying to London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan, Madrid, Chicago,...
Dubai inspects 1,091 outlets; issues warning to eight commercial establishments for flouting preventive measures
Dubai Economy has reported conducting routine inspections to over 1,091 outlets for check for compliance with the UAE's preventive measures against the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). During the inspections, authorities have found eight establishments...
The UAE’s Ministry of Health and Prevention (MOHAP) has announced more recoveries compared to new cases for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) for a third day in a row with 946 fully-healed patients. This brings the total number of recoveries in the country to 12,755....
Metro Manila zoos have asked for help after being deeply hit by the quarantine measures against coronavirus disease (COVID-19). Malabon Zoo and Avilon Zoo are among those that have been struggling to provide food and other essentials for the animals. Manny Tangco, the...
Accomodation option available in the market.
Latest NewsSubscribe to our free weekly newsletter and never miss a thing. No spam. Only hand-picked trending news.
THE FILIPINO TIMES is the biggest and most trusted Filipino newspaper in the UAE.
It has a print run of 60,000 copies and 250,000 readership per week; bolstered by 1 million visitors to its website every month. It also has an e-newsletter sent to its 250,000 subscribers every day.
The Filipino Times is FREE and has the widest targeted circulation across the 7 emirates of the UAE.
With more than 2,500 strategic distribution spots, TFT is available where the Filipinos are - at Smart Bus Shelters, Metro Stations, restaurants, supermarkets, schools, airport lounges, Emirates and Etihad Philippine-bound flights, churches, Filipino community events and many more.
THE FILIPINO TIMES. We are where the Filipinos are.
© 2017 The Filipino Times